Logistics Problem Solving and Claim Management
The customer issues a logistics claim. This is received in the supplier’s plant by a Quality engineer who after a short analysis, and with relief, forwards the claim to the logistics department and asks for an action plan. Logistics, often without using any recommended problem solving method, defines the problem root cause, proposes an action plan, sends it back to the Quality engineer who updates customer’s b2b portal. The logistics claim is closed, invoice paid and everybody is satisfied. Until the next logistics claim is issued.
For some a funny story, but this happens in many companies who focus mostly on quality claims. In the training module “Logistics problem solving and claim management” we deal only with logistics claims impacting communication (EDI, portal b2b,…), part reception or impacting the production at the customer site. The participants will be able to use basic problem solving tools, manage the logistics claims in an efficient way so that the problems will not repeat again.
Your needs are:
- Manage logistics claims in a robust way
- Be able to use the key problem solving tools on logistics claims
- Set more efficient process of logistics claims management
- Avoid repeated claims and reduce cost (invoices, taxis, …)
- Improve the logistics processes in the company
- Logistics (customer contact)
- Logistics (produrement)
- Internal Logistics
- Functional Managers
- Explanation of the key problem solving tools and methods in the automotive industry
- Types of logistics claims
- Application of selected methods on logistics claims management, detailed explanation of the 8D process
- Daily production meetings and internal problem solving system
- Rules of logistics claims management
- End of logistics claim treatment, Lessons Learned, financial impact
- Communication with the customer – examples of OEMs requirements on logistics claim management
Duration: 2 days (1 day training & 1 day workshop)
In case of 2 or more participants from the same plant offer 10% discount on the second and all other participants. Refreshment and lunch are included in the training price.